January 29, 2014

Driving into the capital








Especially in winter, light is important, it makes a real difference not only to the photographer as some of you indicated in your comments on my previous posting's picture of Ghent. 
The beautiful Friday pre-rush-hour light accompanied me on the way back to Brussels.
Wherever I drive in from a highway or outskirts to a "new" city I feel curious and excited. This is the reason why I am showing you, in chronological order, what it looks like when you travel by car from our gorgeous cities Ghent, Ostend, Bruges etc to the capital. Needless to say that I had fun  but when I noticed the car you see in the last picture driving up next to me,  I decided it might be wiser to call it quits. 

19 comments:

  1. Love the cupola in the fifth shot Annie.. Why is it that we get a bit nervous when we see a police car..even when we know we're not doing anything wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! the fifth photo is of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Koekelberg, right at the entrance of Brussels.
      I always get nervous when I see police :) while I am a 100% law abiding citizen.

      Delete
  2. Je ziet het, een mooie frisse zonnige winterdag. Brussel ziet er toch nog leuk uit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Anni,
    Op die plek hou ik liever de handen op het stuur!!!
    Groetjes,
    Frans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik herkende het pas toen ik de Basiliek zag.

    Groetjes,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  5. leuke beelden, vooral omdat ik de plekjes zeer goed ken!
    groetjes, Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of times when we visited the family and would travel in with them...they would go to work, we would go sightseeing.
    I think law abiding citizens do worry about the police...while the vilains just don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun that this brings back memories to you, Helen. It should be the other way around, the good and the vilains :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos! I haven't been to Brussels yet but must do so one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live close -by Mandy and you are a real traveler. I am therefore confident that you will make it here very soon.

      Delete
  8. Gekende beelden, Anni !
    Maar... je laatste fotootje..., fotograferen achter 't stuur... Brrr...
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Je remarque le reflet du disque de stationnement. A Paris il y a longtemps que la "zone bleue" et le disque qui allait avec ont disparus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ik hoop je blijft opletten, als je tijdens het rijden gaat fotograferen Anni. Geen brokken maken !!!!!

    ReplyDelete