June 14, 2014

Humans of Belgium

I got the point. Many of you prefer people shots!  So, here goes, ... I met this beautiful young lady in Antwerp while she was distributing sales leaflets to steer people in the direction of a Desigual shop. I forgot her name; at that point, I did not realize that I would post her as the first Human of Belgium.  Had I known then I would have paid more attention.
I assume that all of you are familiar with Humans of New York and its derivatives ... Humans of Sydney, etc.?
I noticed there are plenty of Facebook groups such as Humans of Brussels, Humans of Antwerp ... , but as far as I can tell and to my surprise there is no Humans of Belgium blog yet ... . Shall I completely change philosophy?  It seems so much more time-consuming and labor intensive ... especially when you compare it to my favorite tactic, which is making quick photos from the car (when stopped of course) with a telephone :-). 

21 comments:

  1. A beautiful lady and I love antwerpen Have been there several times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment, Marja
      yes Antwerp is so enjoyable and has a lot to offer.

      Delete
  2. nice lady, I have visited a time ago a desigual shop. Nice weekend Anni, Dietmut

    ReplyDelete
  3. een knap portret van deze jonge dame

    groeten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful capture of a beautiful young girl Thank you for sharing! Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not familiar with the humans concept. But it is not a bad one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. worth to look it up ...
      zijn succes is onvoorstelbaar
      maar Brussel is New York niet :) ..

      Delete
  6. Hallo Anni,
    Hahaha! Nog een kleine 11 miljoen snapshots en je hebt ze allemaal :-D
    Prettige week,
    Frans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wat een encouragerende gedachte, ik zal me dan er maar meteen aanzetten, zeker ? Mag ik beginnen met jouw portret te komen maken?

      Delete
  7. Portraits are so interesting, and Humans of Belgium has many possibilities - - - looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful lady and there's also a shop at Louvain - Leuven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah ja, nu je het zegt, Bongenotenlaan, denk ik...

      Delete
  9. great photo. she looks familiar too. is she someone? does she remind me of someone?... I think you should include more people pics xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep your suggestion in mind... people pics are more time consuming though and I do not have too much free time on my hands at the moment. I do not think she is 'famous', she is very photogenic.

      Delete
  10. Hi !

    We come really late to comment your portrait in Antwerps.

    But, we think you may be interested in knowing that we have started "Humans of BELgium" early this year. We'll do our best to embrace Belgium, from North to South, even if by now, it is more focused on Brussels and the Wallonie.

    See you soon !

    Hobel
    (Manu, Annick, Liesbeth, Roger, Elke)

    ReplyDelete